March is National Read Aloud Month.
Participate daily by stopping by BML and checking out a few books from our stellar picture book collection. Nothing replaces curling up with your kids and enjoying a good story together.
New books at BML this month include Look Alive Twenty-Five by Janet Evanovich, The Enchantress Returns by Chris Colfer, and The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas.
BML is hosting the following events in March:
- Homeschool Hour – Every Wednesday at 1 pm Local homeschool families meet for mom-led lessons and fun
- Preschool Storytime—Every Friday at 11:45. This month’s Storytimes will feature spring, St. Patrick’s Day, and Birds. Please call the library to register for Storytime.
- Saturday, March 2 – 2 pm—Teen Advisory Board—Ages 13-19: Teens will meet with librarian Tina Brison and help decide on new books for the library, new programs for teens, and offer advice on tech that would help teens in their daily lives. Light snacks and social time will be provided.
- Indiana Author Series–Saturday, March 16 – 1 pm—Indiana Children’s Book author Katie Andrews Potter will join us with a selection of her books for all ages available for purchase. Get a signed copy of this amazing author’s work to add to your collection.
- Mystery Book Club-Check Facebook page for date and time. The club will meet for about an hour and discuss March’s book, which will be announced on our Facebook page. Stop by the library to register or visit our Facebook page to register online. Copies of the book will be available to a limited number of club members, so register soon.
- Census Bureau Employment opportunity—Saturday, March 30, 12-4 pm. The National Processing Center will be on hand to provide information about employment at the Census Bureau and to assist with online applications
Register for programs by visiting the library or the library’s Facebook page or by calling the library at 812-739-4092. You can also register for most events from the BML Calendar. Crawford, Harrison, Dubois, Orange and Perry County residents welcome.