BML is Re-Opening!
BREEDEN MEMORIAL LIBRARY RE-OPENING ON MAY 11
Breeden Memorial Library will open to the public on Monday, May 11 at 11 am. To continue to reduce risk of the spread of the covid-19 virus, the following rules will be set in place for at least the first 30 days:
- Open hours will be reduced to 11am-5pm on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday to allow for library cleaning and sanitizing
- No one with a cough, cold, or fever will be allowed in the library
- Number of patrons in building at one time limited to 10
- Social distancing of 6 feet must be maintained
- A hand sanitizer station will be placed at the front of the library and patrons will be required to use it before going further into building
- Patrons are encouraged to wear masks
- 1 patron at a time will be allowed into the book room to browse.
- Patrons will be required to ‘get and go’ rather than lingering in the building
- Only 2 computers will be in use at a time
- Computer time limited to 1 hour with use limited to business, school, research, etc (no social media or games)
- Laptops and other devices to be used in courtyard only
- Children’s Center will be closed until June 8. Librarian will retrieve picture books for you if you want to check them out
- The dropbox will remain closed. Items are to be returned on a cart inside the building
- Fines will continue to be waived while dropbox is closed
- Patrons will scan their own checkouts at front desk
- Seniors only from 11am-12pm; families encouraged to come between 2 and 5 pm to help reduce number of patrons
- Copies and faxes will be allowed
The BML staff looks forward to seeing patrons again and helping the community adjust to our new normal.