2021 SUMMER READING
June 16-July 21
BML’s Summer Reading Program is twofold to keep kids reading and learning all summer!
SUMMER READING REWARDS
How it works:
- Visit the library to pick up your first tracking bookmark
- Read 10 chapters or 10 picture books per week (according to your reading level)
- Turn in your tracking bookmark to the librarian each week
- Choose a free book and get a free coupon to Squire Boone Caverns
SUMMER STORY TIME AND ART CAMP
Each week, the library will have Story Time/Art Camp at 1 pm. The librarian will read a story and lead a discussion and we’ll make a craft.
Summer Camp Schedule:
- June 16 – Love your county-Cave Systems
-Marengo Caves will join us to speak about caves and what children can expect to see when they visit the caves. The craft will be a paper bag cave children can put their own toy bears in.
- June 23–Love your county:-River systems
-Cave Country Canoes will join us to speak about river fun and safety. The art project will be painting a watercolor river.
- June 30–Be the Change-Problem solving
-We’ll discuss how to recognize a problem and the steps to take for solving it. The craft will be a paper bird.
- July 7–Be the Change-Possibilities
-We’ll discuss chasing our dreams, working together, and overcoming setbacks. The craft will be a cotton ball sheep.
- July 14– Be the Change-Working hard
-We’ll discuss the opportunities for change in our community and what we can do to create change. The art project will be a drawing of something new for our town or county.
- July 21–Be the Change-Inspire Change
-We’ll discuss how small changes can have big impact. The art project will be a mural that all of the children work on together which will hang in the library until autumn.
MADE POSSIBLE BY GRANTS FROM